Monday, March 18, 2013

Art 21 Blog

Creative Killing
  So the picture I posted above is eye catching and kept me reading this article. I have never really played a video game but how could I not have heard about them?! Lots of friends and people around me go crazy about video game marathons and playing them for hours at a time. To me, I don't see the point because your just sitting with a screen and made-up scenes and characters shooting something in a fantasy so to speak. However, this article shined a light on the broader picture of how these maybe pointless video games could actually impact thought processes of the unstable-or possibly make them unstable towards our society. The article explains how people-even children-shoot at objects other than "space aliens and fuzzy pixilated rockets." The author noticed a teenager playing a "sniper" type video game where a family was crossing the street and without hesitation, the kid picked them off to rack up more points. Later, the author said how a player could rack up more points for "creative" kills-of people!! So the point is, video game developers could and should have a significant impact on ending violent killing of people oriented video games. Which in turn, could possibly have a positive impact towards violence in our society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment